Chilled avocado-lemon balm soup
Adapted from Eric Ripert
- 2 ripe avocados, split and seeds removed
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon balm leaves, silvered
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, plus a bit more to thin as needed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cut chives
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lime wedges
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Peel the avocados and place in a blender container with lemon balm, lime zest, lime juice and ½ cup milk and blend until smooth; season to taste with salt and pepper and adjust the consistency with the remaining milk.
2. Strain the soup through a fine mesh sieve. Serve in chilled soup bowls garnished with radishes, chives, olive oil and a squeeze of lime juice.