My best tricks to overcome night time cravings
- Turn off the TV: I realized that when I keep myself occupied, I tend to have less cravings
- Don’t buy unhealthy snacks: this works best if the whole family is commited to health.
- Drink tea: instead of snacking, I often brew a pot of herbal tea (or green tea of even low fat chai tea). It’s not as satisfying as potato chips, but I find that sipping a hot beverage helps me stay away from overeating.
- Calm it down: I find that when I do yoga or meditation, my cravings vanishes
- Choose healthier options: when everything else fails, I go for a fruit (or a fruit salad), a smoothie, raw crackers or air popped pop corn topped with a bit of olive oil and sea salt.