House plants not only brighten your home but also help to naturally detox the air you breathe. Some indoor plants are especially good at improving the air quality. Plants can actually remove some home toxins that are omnipresent in conventionally built houses. For example, studies have identified specific plants that can remove formaldehyde.
Formaldehyde is a possible carcinogen that is found almost everywhere in building materials and household stuff. It is found in carpets, plastics, melamine, glue used flooring and particles boards, synthetic fabrics, and more. You can naturally reduce the amount of formaldehyde found in your home along with other toxins by growing some of the following plants in your house. Most of those plants will thrive indoor.
The top 10 plants to detox naturally the air you breathe
- Bamboo Palm – Chamaedorea Seifritzii
- Chinese Evergreen – Aglaonema Modestum
- English Ivy – Hedera Helix
- Gerbera Daisy Gerbera Jamesonii
- Janet Craig – Dracaena “Janet Craig”
- Marginata – Dracaena Marginata
- Mass cane/Corn Plant – Dracaena Massangeana
- Mother-in-Law’s Tongue Sansevieria Laurentii
- Pot Mum – Chrysantheium morifolium
- Peace Lily – Spathiphyllum
- Warneckii – Dracaena “Warneckii”
The three main toxins commonly fond in indoor air are
Tricholoreothylene: Effects similar to alcohol poisoning; headache and dizziness, with long term damage to liver and kidneys
Formaldehyde: A very common indoor pollutant. Can cause headaches, watery eyes and difficulty breathing. It is classified as a possible carcinogen.
Benzene: Can cause drowsiness, dizziness, vomiting, and unconsciousness. It’s pleasant smell makes it a common ingredient in aftershave.
Do you grow some plants indoor? Were you aware of their great detox power?